4.0 version - Admin please take a look

@navjottomer What is the plan for 4.0 release? How can I help? Which new features do we need, or what needs fixing?

1 Like

Please pay attention to translating the site
Until it is archived, it will be displayed like this
/ar - / us - /fr

Adding Google’s archiving services to your site, such as products and some tags that Google needs

1 Like

I have ideas for a few features that I would like to add, but they mostly require theme modification. With the RC release of new version, what if I release a version of my theme (still working on it) with new features included so theme developers can adapt those features?

I think that’s the way to go, bugs were mostly fixed, now we need to innovate, and if we don’t take more ‘drastic’ measures (such as forcing developers to adapt new features to themes), we can’t progress further.

2 Likes

I also think that functions of some basic plugins need to be integrated in the core. Nothing complex. Examples:

• Google Analytics plugin
  • Google Maps plugin
  • Rich Edit plugin
  • More Edit plugin
  • GDPR plugin
    etc.
2 Likes

Something that’s also been requested for a while, is more types of custom fields. We can either just add support for new fields, or restructure the whole custom field/meta classes, which are in a so-so condition. They can be optimised.

2 Likes

Current focus will be to resume auto update and upgrade feature in osclass next build.

2 Likes

How do you want to progress with that? Can you check the language PR btw?

Yes this is very important. It will make the installation very smooth. People without coding knowledge find it difficult to install the 3.9.

1 Like

I checked language PR it seems fine will be merged soon, updating my local repos right now.

For auto update:
We will host json file at mindstellar.com or can host it on github with correct version number and download link to that build( more like build history ) . Than it’s easy to add a mechanism in osclass build to fetch that info.

2 Likes

I think there is many things that should be in core, but… The current OC needs of some changes as well… .For example adding cathegories and manual adding locations is a pain in the ass…

PS: This forum type CMS ( or whatever it is ) is comfusing me a little … Its more like a comment box…

I think there is many things that should be in core, but… The current OC needs of some changes as well… .For example adding cathegories and manual adding locations is a pain in the ass…

Well what do you suggest? Locations do have an import feature.

PS: This forum type CMS ( or whatever it is ) is comfusing me a little … Its more like a comment box…

This is the official support forum, I can’t do much about it. It is a bit different than a regular forum but I don’t hate it… Check Osclass Community if you wish, we use SMF like old forums.

@navjottomer Are you working on the auto update feature, or should I “jump in”?

If not, how can I help more, apart from adding all the features I listed above (owever, they aren’t priority now)?

Not right now, permissions in my local repo are messed up. I am unable to push from my local repo right now. Will fix it need some time.

Can I make some pull requests? You can merge them or suggest changes whenever you can, they can wait.

Ok go ahead, I’ll merge them at github.com